Famous Quotes

There are no "knowns." There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My journey to Amazon intern....part 1:P

      Well, yeah!! Now that i have got an intern offer from Amazon.. I can really feel the peace of mind which helped me to recover myself from the huge burden of the guilt of doing nothing during summer... That doesn't mean I am gonna stay doing nothing for the rest of the days till summer... It has really given me a strong boost to work on my future and projects...

      Having said all my bla bla bla... Let me share my interview experience... Actually I have no bad opinion to share about the entire process not just because I was taken in.. But its because i genuinely felt so.... The way they dealt with the candidates and the stuff they actually expected from us rather than the ultimate solution... I really liked that...

      After the lonely and lazy holidays... I never had the confidence of attending any intern interview the very first week after joining college..May be i need to put it this way that i was actually not ready for another humiliation and feeling of guilt... But yeah...as days passed by, i was able to pick myself..COURTESY:my past, seniors, friends and well-wishers... It all started with fb online written test.. To my surprise i was able to complete the problem (never mind all that complexity business...:P) but yeah that itself was a mark of improvement in my problem solving skills.. Then as expected.. to be genuine.. as deserved... i didn't clear the next rounds.. THe most deserving candidates made it... and i was sure about it... 

       Then came the Microsoft written test.. Was able to solve those problems... But to my dismay..i found myself not in a strong position even with the basics of C and C++..the demigod of CSE students of India(at least)....So that made me embarrassed really.. Yeah, I overcame the feeling in the matter of few days...


        Then came the amazon.. I really didn't have that kind of a bright picture of amazon like i had with facebook, microsoft or google for instance... But i found IMDB is owned by amazon COURTESY:the wonderful presentation they gave the other day's morning... I would have missed a lot if i had missed that presentation... And that excited me to a lot of extent obviously being a movie freak and a regular visitor of that website.... So i had a new energy(undefined).. and more passion to make it... and of course the thirst to get an intern at any cost... 

       To my good luck.. the questions were really of my type.. you know testing  apti , data structures and algo rather than just raw algo and stuff... which i should work on.. I managed to attend everything..inspite of negative marks for wrong answers in MCQ's ( that being my general tendency...).. And i found many of my answers happened to be right... Results were not released that night which i was eagerly awaiting.. Next morning i woke up due to a call from my friend..you know it took me some time to actually buckle up from my sleep...and there you go he said that the results were out and asked if i knew about it or recieived any intimation about it... Damn man i never received any message till then... Let me continue the rest of this long boring story in the next post....  Bye....

No comments:

Post a Comment